App crashes on smart TVs, smartphones, and smart devices are one of the most annoying problems in today’s digital age. Recently, many people on all platforms have reported that HBO Max keeps kicking them on the home screen. This means that HBO Max crashes while loading an app or playing a movie or show. All of the user’s devices such as Samsung smart tv, Roku, Firestick Vizio, or mobile devices are facing this problem. In today’s post, we are going to explain the reasons behind the crash of HBO Max and how to fix it.
Why is My HBO MAX App Keeps Kicking Me Out?
Below are some of the reasons why HBO max may crash on your smart tv or mobile device:
- HBO Max Outage: You may encounter this problem when HBO Max Outage is in your area. Server outages may cause your HBO Max to crash or stop working on your device.
- Slow internet: Even if the internet in your house is running at a slow speed, your HBO Max may crash constantly. So make sure your internet is working properly. Even a slow internet connection can cause your HBO Max to crash on your smart tv or device.
- Cached data: Sometimes, application data needs to be refreshed after a while for it to work properly.
- Outdated app: If you have been using the old HBO Max app for a long time and have not updated it, you may encounter problems while streaming content on your smart tv.
Suggested Read: HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV | How To Fix In Seconds 
How Do I Fix HBO Max Keeps Crashing?
Check for HBO Max Outage:
First, check the HBO maximum outage before taking any troubleshooting steps. HBO is easy to check for the maximum outage; just visit the down detector. Here you can get the live status of HBO Max Servers. Here you can find out if HBO Max is down or not. If HBO Max servers are not working in your region, you will have to wait for the HBO max team to fix this problem.
Only then will you stream movies or show on HBO Max. You can take a look at HBO Max’s social accounts to check out the HBO Max outage. There you can find HBO Max outage-related posts, tweets.
Power Cycle Your Smart TV and Router:
With the power cycle, you can fix many temporary defects. If HBO Max is crashing on your smart TV, then resetting the power cycle to your smart tv and router can help fix the problem. Follow the steps below to fix HBO Max crashing problem on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Unplug your smart tv cable from the main power socket.
- Now unplug your router.
- Hold down the power button on your smart TV for at least 20 to 30 seconds and wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now plug in your router again and turn it on, now turn on your smart tv.
- Now connect your smart tv to your home WiFi network.
After completing the power cycle process, launch HBO Max and check if the problem is fixed. HBO Max still crashes on your smart tv
It is still crashing. So try the other solution below.
Suggested Read: HBO Max Not Working on Firestick | How To Fix In Seconds 
Reinstall HBO Max on Your Device:
If the power cycle doesn’t help, what can you do about the HBO Max crash? Most HBO Max users have suggested that restoring HBO Max fixes their device’s crashing problem. In the restoration process, HBO Max comes with an updated version, and the corrupted cached data from HBO Max is also removed from your device. This may help fix the HBO Max crashing or kick-out problem on your device. Follow the steps below to reinstall HBO Max on your smart device.
- Delete HBO Max from your smart tv or mobile.
- Now turn off your smart tv for at least 5 minutes.
- Now turn on the smart tv.
- Install the latest version of the HBO max app on your smart TV, mobile device, etc.
- Now launch HBO Max and check if your problem is solved.
Check Your Internet Connection:
The slow internet in your home or office can cause many problems. If your HBO Max is constantly crashing, then a slow internet connection may be responsible for all of this. Launch another app like prime video or youtube on your smart tv or mobile to check your internet. Now try playing the video on your device if the video is playing without any problems. So this means that your internet is working properly.
You can use speedtest.net to check the speed of your internet. You can find out how fast your internet connection is here. If you have low internet, try moving your router closer to your streaming device or use an Ethernet cable for faster internet access. If your internet is still slow or not working, try rebooting your router. If nothing works, try contacting your internet provider.
Suggested Read: Samsung TV Plus Not Working: What To Do?
Clear HBO Max Cache:
Often HBO Max crashes on your smart tv or any other device due to malicious application data cache data. That’s why if you haven’t cleared HBO Max cache data on your device in a long time, follow the steps below.
Press the button below to clear the HBO Maximum Cache on your Roku. Press the Home button five times on your Roku remote, then the Up button once, then the Rewind button twice, and then the Forward button twice. When the TV restarts, launch the HBO Max and check if the problem is fixed.
- Go to the Home screen in your Firestick and then select Settings in it.
- Go to Applications and then select Installed Application Management.
- Find and select the HBO Max on your Firestick.
- Now first select Force Stop, then Clear Cache, and then Data.
- Now launch the HBO Max app and check that this app is still not crashing.
- Go to Settings on your Android phone or tv.
- Now select the apps.
- Now look at the HBO Max app and select it.
- Now, first of all, forcibly shut down the HBO max app.
- Now clear the app cache and data.
After clearing the application cache or data, check if the HBO Max crashing issue on your smart tv or smart device is resolved. If you do not have the option to clear the HBO Max app cache, you should try to reinstall HBO Max on your smart TV.
Reset Your Device to Factory Settings:
If your HBO Max is still crashing or pulling you back to the home screen on your device, a factory reset can save you from this problem. After performing a factory reset, your device will return to its factory version. All data and cache will be cleared; after factory reset, you can install HBO max app on your smart tv or device. Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset of your smart tv.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Now scroll down or up and select settings.
- Go to System Options.
- Now go to Advanced System Settings.
- Select Factory Reset Option / Factory Reset Everything.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Roku stick or Roku tv.
- Go to the home screen on your Firestick or fire tv.
- Select the setting option.
- Now select my FireTV option.
- Then scroll down and select Reset to Factory Defaults.
- You hold the rear and right navigation buttons on your Firestick remote for 10 sec. Select Continue factory reset your Firestick after 10 seconds.
Samsung Smart TV:
- Select the setting on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now go to the support section/option.
- Now choose Self-Diagnosis.
- Select Reset Smart Hub.
LG Smart TV:
- Select settings, then select all settings.
- Now select the General option.
- Scroll down and select Reset to the initial setting.
- Now select OK to perform the reset page.
Vizio Smart TV:
- Select the menu with the help of your Smart Vizio Smart TV Remote.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Reset and select admin.
- Now select reset to factory default.
Now after resetting your smart tv, install HBO Max on your smart tv. Launch HBO Max, and you will be able to stream movies and shows without any problem.
Suggested Read: TCL Roku TV Black Screen | How To Fix In Seconds 
Contact HBO Max and Device Manufacturer:
If HBO Max is still crashing on your smart tv or mobile device, then try contacting the HBO Max team or your device manufacturer. They can help you solve problems with HBO Max on your smart tv or mobile devices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Why does my HBO Max keep crashing?
If HBO Max keeps crashing on your device, it indicates that your internet is slow or unstable. Suppose you are convinced that the culprit is your internet. Then reboot your network router to restore the connection with your internet provider.
Why is HBO Max not working on my Roku?
The HBO Max application may not work on your Roku tv for the following reasons. Your Roku TV is not compatible with the HBO Max application. You are using the old Roku software version. Roku device cache is bulk up and needs to be cleared.
How Does HBO Max work on Roku?
HBO Max is the latest and most advanced channel from HBO and is available on your supported Roku streaming device. HBO Max lets you watch hundreds of movies and TV shows and all the current HBO content in addition to the new Max Original.
How do I clear the HBO Max app cache?
- On your Android phone or tablet, do the following:
- Go to Settings> Apps & Notifications (or on older Android versions, go to Settings> Apps> Application Manager.
- Tap HBO Max from the list of apps.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap Clear Storage (or Clear Data).
- Tap Clear Cache.
Why is the HBO app not working?
You can fix many problems by restarting the apps, and uninstalling and reinstalling them can also help. You can also try clearing the application cache to fix the problem. If you have an Android device, then you have to take some such steps. Go to Settings> Applications & Notifications, then select “HBO Max.”
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- Biometric Sensor | Types of Biometric Sensor
- Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung TV: Try These Fixes 2021
- What is Electrical Grounding? | How does electrical grounding work?
- LG Dryer Not Heating Up/Not Enough Heat/Heating But Not Drying: FIXED
- What is an Ideal Transformer? | Working Principle of Ideal Transformer | Advantages of Ideal Transformer