You know that many streaming devices are available in everyday life, such as smartphones and smart TVs. The name of the Roku strumming device also comes in this. Roku devices are used on eBay, Best Buy, or Amazon. Roku is a streaming device, and you can use it to keep up with your entertainment. However, after a few years, some problems arise with smart devices. In the same way, some problems also arise in Roku devices.
Sometimes Roku devices don’t have a pairing button, or you can’t find one, and you are confused about connecting to the Roku remote without a pairing button. The paring button on the Roku remote is the easiest and most important way to sync it with the TV. You can also connect it to a Roku remote through the Roku app on your Iphone. You can also connect manually by pressing the control buttons on the Roku device.
Suggested Read: Top 8 Solutions to Fix Roku Sound Out of Sync
Sync Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
You Can Link the Device to the Roku Remote Control
The easiest way to pair a Roku remote with a device is to use the pairing button on the Roku remote. Because of this, you can connect the device to the Roku remote from any distance. On your Roku remote, there is a pairing button with a circle mark with an intersecting line.
If the Roku device and TV aren’t connected, you can use the pairing button on the Roku remote. Whenever you sync a Roku device, press and hold the pairing button until the top light appears on the remote.
Suggested Read: Roku Apps Not Working | Try This First! Fixed!
How to Pair Roku Remote Without Pairing Button?
How to Sync Roku Remote with the “Pair Remote” Option?
Physical buttons are present in your TV to do this process in TV. With which you can navigate the settings menu on your TV.
How to use it is explained below.
- First, open the home screen setting of the Roku TV.
- Then you have to go to Settings on the screen and choose the option of Remote.
- After this, in the menu, you have to select the Pair Remote icon.
- Roku devices sync with a single click on the paired remote.
Through this process, the remote is paired with the Roku device, but if the Roku device is not paired with the remote, then there might be some issues with the remote. To Fix this issue reset the Roku device or Roku remote. Many problems are easily solved by the reset process on any device.
How to Sync Remote Using Smartphone?
Many times it happens that there is no pairing button on the Roku remote, and you get upset. But not to worry, you can use the Roku app to control your Roku TV, which is very convenient. The Roku app works well with Android smartphones as well as with iOS smartphones. Below are steps on how to sync devices through the Roku app.
- First, you must download the Roku app on your smartphone. You can download this app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Then open the Roku app on the phone and log in to the account, but remember that the same account logged in on the Roku device must be logged in to the Roku app.
- After this, you will see the remote option on the phone screen, and you must select it.
- On a Roku device, use the arrows to navigate through the Roku screen settings.
- After that, you have to go to the settings of the TV and choose the option of remote and devices.
- After this, the option to pair the new device has to be selected.
- Now look for the remote in the list of Roku devices. And select it.
- The Roku TV and Roku Remote app are connected to each other. And now you can use the remote on the phone.
This way, you can download the Roku app to your smartphone and use it instead of the remote. But if your Roku remote works properly, then it’s a good thing. You won’t need a physical remote or app.
Suggested Read: How to Reset Roku TV Without Remote in Just Few Steps
How to Use a Standard IR Remote Control?
There is no pairing toggle on the IR remote control. So Roku devices can function without it. Because not all Roku devices accept IR remotes, but only those devices with infrared sensors can accept IR remotes.
To use the standard IR remote control –
- Firstly connect the Roku device and TV and switch it on.
- Then the Roku player device needs to select the correct input source for the device.
- Insert the battery in the IR remote and turn it on.
- Press any button on the remote and see that Roku is connected to the device.
- The synchronization process takes some time, so please wait for some time.
- IR Remote is now ready to work on Roku Devices.
The IR remote is connected to the Roku device and starts working. Almost all buttons are the same in this remote, but only the pairing button is missing in this remote.
Pairing Buttons Are Available on the Roku Remote
Roku devices have different models and remote controls depending on their model. The Roku remote has pairing buttons. Not all Roku device remotes have a pairing button, and the Roku device comes with two remotes; one is an extended remote, and the other is an infrared (IR) remote control.
Roku Enhanced Remote is a great wireless network remote. You can easily use this remote by connecting it to any device. You can also use it on a TV by pressing the pairing button. By connecting this remote to the Roku TV, you can use it for direct pairing.
There is another IR remote that you can use on Roku devices, but this remote does not have a direct pairing button, and the IR remote uses infrared rays to control the Roku device. If a remote or object has an IR sensor, then infrared rays are used.
Suggested Read: How To Restart Roku TV | Complete Guide
There Is a Pairing Button on the Roku Remote
Your Roku remote has a microphone pinhole near the battery and power buttons, as well as a pairing button right next to the light. If your TV is an older model, the Roku remote will have a status light. If you can’t find the pair button on the Roku remote, there may be a problem with it. But you can pair Roku devices without a remote as well.
Fix Roku Remote That Won’t Pair:
If your Roku remote still does not connect to the device, or if there is a problem in pairing with the device, then below are some points with the help which you can solve this problem.
- Sometimes, due to incorrect battery placement or even a bad battery, the Roku remote won’t pair with the device.
- The second reason is the problem with the Roku player and the remote control, which stands for IR remote.
- Sometimes there are some other issues with the remote control or Roku player due to which the Roku remote and the device won’t pair.
Replace the Battery in the Roku Remote
Whenever the remote does not connect to the device, then the problem may be in the remote. That’s why you need to check the Roku remote’s battery first. The remote does not work when the battery power is exhausted, so new batteries must be inserted. Then you can also check whether the battery in the remote is properly connected or not. This way, you can put new batteries in the remote and turn it on.
Restart Roku Device
If the battery in the remote is good, but it still won’t connect to the device, you can check the problem with the Roku device itself. For this, you need to restart your Roku device. To restart the Roku device, unplug it from the power board.
Then after waiting for some time, it has to be put back into the power board, and it has to be turned on. This way, your Roku device restarts, and to restart the Roku remote, you have to remove the battery and put it back after some time.
Suggested Read: Roku Volume Control Not Working | Here’s How to Fix It!
How to Reset Roku Remote Without Pairing Button?
Even after all these efforts, if the Roku remote does not pair with the device, then you will have to reset your Roku device once. Because with the reset process, the problem is easily resolved in all devices. By resetting the Roku device, all the unwanted data and errors are destroyed, and the device starts working properly.
To reset a Roku TV, you must press the Home Menu button on the Roku remote. Then scroll down the menu on the screen and select ‘Advanced system settings in Settings. After this, the option of factory reset will appear on the screen. Select it. Then your device will begin to reset. And your device reboots. After this reset process, your device will start working better and better.
Buying a New Roku Remote
The remote does not sync with the device even after several attempts. Then you have to check your remote. Maybe the pairing button in the Roku remote is broken, or the remote is damaged. Whenever this happens, you should consider buying a new remote.
You can buy a new remote from any electronic store in the market, as well as you can buy it online from apps like Amazon. As mentioned in the article above, in case of an emergency, you can also download the Roku Remote app on your smartphone and use it instead of the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Pair My Roku Remote Without the Pair Button?
- First, you launch the Roku app and tap on Remote at the bottom of the screen. Select the Remote tab in the Roku app.
- Now go to settings, select remote, and use remote to select the device.
- Now you have to select Set up a new device.
- Select the checkbox next to Remote and then select Continue.
Why Is My Roku Remote Not Pairing?
Reboot your Roku device (Most Roku devices do not have a physical button, so unplug the device from the power supply and plug it back in.) Hold your Roku remote in front of the Roku device. Hold the pairing button while your device starts up. Or, try pairing the remote to a different wireless network.
How Do I Force My Roku Remote to Pair?
- Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for at least 20 to 30 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, turn off, and then flash rapidly. Release the pairing button when you see this happening. Now your remote will start again.
- Press and hold the pairing button for at least 10 to 20 seconds or until you see the status light start flashing. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
- Wait 30 seconds for the remote to connect to your streaming device.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- Blink Camera Not Recording
- Prime Video Not Working on Roku
- What Is a Conservator Tank of Transformer
- How to Watch Crunchyroll on Samsung TV
- What is a Thermocouple? | Thermocouple Working Principle
As mentioned in this article, Roku remotes can be paired with devices, but there must be a pairing button on the remote. Not all Roku device remotes have a pairing button. Roku remotes have buttons depending on the model of the Roku device. You can even pair devices without a Roku remote. For this, you have to download the Roku Remote app on your smartphone. You can use this app as a remote.
If you think that there is no hardware problem in the device, then you should check your internet problem once. Because Roku communicates with the remote device via Internet Remote. Also, if the Roku remote has a pairing button, then this process can be done very easily.