I got my Roku tv last fall, but I live with my family, so it’s hard to get control of the remote. So one day, my brother and sister reached home and started a scuffle between us for the remote, the remote fell to the ground, and he died.
Every member of our household had a mobile, so we decided to download the Roku Remote app and move on with our lives. However, when Roku TV froze, and my dad wanted to watch his favorite show, we had something to do.
I’ve done my fair share of research on why get a new remote when you can do almost anything without it. I had to go through a lot of obscure articles for this. But I found what I was looking for.
To set Roku tv without a remote, find the reset button in the back of the tv, press it to turn on the fact reset, or use Roku remote app. If the reset button is not present on the Roku TV, press the mute and power buttons simultaneously.
Why Would Roku TV Need Resetting?
The smart TVs available in the market today are just like computers, smartphones, and tablets. The operating system keeps them running. But often, some flaws can occur.
Let us take this as an example. Like other smart TVs, Roku can experience audio loss, video playing problems, connectivity issues, and system bugs. This is another time when the content you are viewing takes longer than usual to load.
By resetting the television, you can restore its functionality to its original state. However, this is not the only case where you want to reset the tv.
This is also done when you want to change or sell your tv for any reason. You can do this when you want to give it to someone.
Factory Reset By Pressing the Reset Button:
A factory reset or hard reset is a method of erasing all stored data on your device and restoring the device to its original system. This means that all your details and viewing preferences will change. In addition, your Roku tv will be disconnected from your Roku account.
You can factory reset your Roku tv in two ways as follows:
- You can do this either by using the remote control or by pressing the reset button on your TV.
- But since you don’t have a remote control, you can stick to the latter.
- First of all, you have to find the reset button on your tv. But before that, remove all the cables in your tv except the power cord.
- Once you get the reset, then hold it down for a while.
- If you have trouble manually pressing this button, you can use a pen or something like that.
- You can release the button when your Roku TV’s power indicator starts flashing fast.
- That means it’s reset, and you’re ready to go.
Suggested Read: Roku Remote Volume Not Working | How To Troubleshoot 
Where is the Reset Button Located on the Back of the Roku TV?
All Roku players on the market these days come with a reset button. But in the case of television, it depends on the model you are using. Older versions also mostly come with a reset button.
Your reset button is located on the left or right side of the back of your TV near the HDMI cable.
You will need to look at both sides of the Roku TV to find the reset button. Often it is also located at the bottom of the Roku device.
Many devices have a tactile button, while others have a pinhole button. In the case of pinhole buttons, you will need a paperclip or pen to perform a factory reset.
For TVs Without a Reset Button:
In some models, the reset button may not be present.
In this case, you have to resort to other methods to perform the resetting task.
Press the power and mute buttons together.
While doing so, disconnect the power cord and plug it in again.
Release them once the tv screen is turned on.
Follow the instructions in the guide and re-enter your account information.
Suggested Read: Roku No Sound | How To Troubleshoot In Seconds 
Reset Using the Roku Remote App:
As I mentioned earlier, the remote problem can be solved using the Roku Remote app. Roku has its own mobile app, which you can easily download from Play Store or App Store.
One thing to note here is that you need to connect both remote apps and tv to the same WiFi network.
Then you have to take the following steps to reset your tv using the mobile app:
- Install the application on the device you want to use as a remote.
- Pair the Roku player with the app by pressing the control button.
- Now, the app will work similarly to your tv remote.
- Select the Settings button and then the System option.
- Click Advanced System Settings and select the Factory Reset option.
- A new screen will pop up asking if you want to reset the TV; Confirm it.
- Enter the four-digit code, which is your password. The default code is 1234 if you do not change it.
- The reset process should begin immediately.
You may need extra help when resetting your TV by pressing the mute and power buttons together as you have to disconnect the power cord.
When performing a factory reset, if you cannot see the power indicator, check that your TV is on while resetting.
This way, you can continue pressing the reset button until the TV is turned off. It acts as an indicator that the reset is complete.
You can also reset it using the Remoku.tv web application.
It is also used to control your Roku TV, and you can use it from your PC, tablet, smartphone, Mac, etc.
The reset process is similar to the process of using your remote. Both Remoku.tv and the Roku app give your controller digital access.
The only difference is that if you are using an Ethernet cable to connect your TV to the Internet, the Roku tv and Roku apps need to be connected to the same WiFi network while using Remoku.tv app.
So, that’s it. So, have fun with your tv and watch all the shows and movies you missed.
Suggested Read: Roku Apps Not Working: Try This First! Fixed!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How do I reset my Roku to factory settings without a remote?
Using a straight paper clip or ball pen, press and hold the reset button on the tv connector panel. Hold the reset button for about 12 seconds. When the reset cycle is complete, the status indicator fades.
Where is the reset button on a Roku TV?
All Roku devices available in the market these days come with a reset. There is a reset button on the back or bottom of each Roku device. Some devices have a tactile button, while others have a pinhole button. The reset button on your Roku device will look like one of the following: If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to do a reset factory reset.
How do I manually reset my Roku?
The method of resetting Roku manually is as follows:
- How to do a factory reset Roku device using the reset button Switch to your Roku.
- Then find the reset button. You can usually find this reset button in the back of the device or at the bottom.
- Press and hold the reset button for an estimated 10 to 20 seconds.
- Finally, wait for your Roku device to restart.
How do I clear the cache on my Roku TV?
Go to the Home button, delete the app you have been having problems with. Then restart tv and reinstall that app.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- How to Fix Roku Green Screen Issue: Easy Methods
- Roku Audio Out of Sync | How To Fix In Seconds 
- Roku Airplay Not Working | How To Fix In Seconds 
- What is a Processor? | Types of Processors | Application of Processors
- What is Transducer? | Types of Transducer | Application of Transducer
- What is an Electrical Transducer? | Types of Electrical Transducer | Advantages of Electrical Transducer
- What is Suspension Insulator? | Suspension Insulator Construction and Working | Types of Suspension Insulator | Applications of Suspension Insulator