No need to worry if you have just bought a new dryer and face some technical problem with it. Your article today deals with some of the common issues encountered when using a dryer, including the problem of heating or drying element.
When your LG Dryer is Not Heating correctly, you should try to reset it first if the heating element is working without any problem. If you are using a gas dryer, you can reset it by pressing the black button. You will need to clean the vent tube or replace it with an electric dryer.
Please read the article thoroughly to know some common problems in your dryer and how to fix them. You can do this yourself without calling any technician nearby, and it will save you some dollars.
What to Do If LG Dryer Doesn’t Heat Properly?
Whether you have LG’s gas dryer or LG’s electric dryer depends on it. You will need to take different steps to make your proper heating work. If you have a gas dryer, here are some steps you can take to begin the process of preparation for mediation.
- Unplug your dryer from any power source. This step is for your safety so that you do not feel any kind of shock and you are safe.
- Remove the plastic cover on the side access hole with the help of a screwdriver.
- Once the cover is removed, you will see a button attached to the red and white wire. The color of the button is primarily black with two terminals.
- Reach inside and press the button. You will hear a click. This means that your dryer has been reset.
Once this process is done, the heating unit of your dryer should run smoothly. If it does not, you may need to replace this part as it is defective.
What to do if we have an electric dryer? Its steps are outlined here.
- The first step is to disconnect your dryer from the electric power source.
- Remove all screws holding the plastic top to the machine.
- Remove the water container for steam.
- Take off from the top.
- Remove all screws holding the panel in the front of the machine.
- Remove the front panel; once this is done, you can access all the electric heating components.
- With the help of multi tester, check if the leads on the heating panel are working. If all goes well, you should hear a beeping sound. If you do not hear this auditory beep for any one of the leads, it means that a part of it is broken, and you need a replacement heater.
- If everything is in order, there is a possibility of blowing high limits on other heater components, such as the thermostat does not work.
- Take the front panel and remove all the screws in its place and take it out. This allows you to access the heating element better. . Alternatively, you can remove the rear and use a rear heater, although this way, the vents are more challenging to reach.
- Use a multi-tester to test the continuity on different parts of the heater.
- Once again, make sure it is the upper limit that causes the problem. Try cleaning the vent tube. Most of the upper limit fuses are blown due to the obstruction of the vent tube, which causes overheating and blowing fuses.
- Also, make sure you clean the lint from the rest of the machine as well. This lint is flammable so that it can start a small fire in your dryer.
- Once this is done, fix all the parts of the machine as before.
- Run a revolution and see if your heater is working as it should.
If your dryer’s heating element does not work even after all these attempts and fails to work, you need a replacement part. You can enlist the help of a company representative or local technician who has spare parts for your machine to repair your dryer.
What to Do if LG Dryer Is Heating But Not Drying?
If your dryer is getting hot but not drying correctly, it could be due to lint blockage. Lint and other controls in the exhaust system of the house or the internal vent of the dryer reduce the flow of air. The drying time is longer, and the clothes feel wet even after the cycle.
Here are some steps you can take to get your machine running correctly:
- Clean the lint off your machine: You can easily pull it out of the device to clean it. Even if your machine’s lint filter is clean, you still have the hole where it is fitted. It should be closely monitored as debris can get trapped under your lint filter, which prevents it from drying properly. You can try using a broken plastic coat hanger to remove this lint or lint lizard vacuum.
- Check your external vent hood: Rotate the normal cycle of your dryer machine, where it is vented. Get out of it and remove any obstacles that appear in the vent. You should also check to see if there is adequate airflow. If there is insufficient airflow, there is an obstruction inside the vent.
- Remove the obstruction inside the vent: Disconnect your dryer from the primary power source and disconnect the duct from your dryer to remove visible obstructions.
Often vent blockage is not easily visible. Especially if the vent pipe has many bends and kinks, in this case, you should call professional ductwork cleaners to remove the build-up.
What to Do if LG Dryer’s Cooling Button Stays On?
The ‘cooling’ indicator on the control panel of your electric dryer is meant to be illuminated during the drying cycle. When the drying cycle is in progress, the drying light is turned on and off throughout the process. However, the cooling light lasts the entire time until the last five minutes of the cycle, when it starts to flash like a drying light.
Once this cycle is complete, the cooling light should turn off automatically.
What to Do if LG Dryer Heat Sensor Keeps Tripping?
Here’s why your heat sensor trips frequently and what could be the reason for it:
- Heat sensor issues: In case of a heat sensor problem, you may have a defective hit sensor, and you need to replace that part.
- Clogged holes: Your heat sensor can work perfectly if your tubes are blocked. A clogged vent means that more energy needs to be expended on drying the machine’s load, generating excess heat in the process. This process can trigger your heat sensor.
- The dryer is located close to the heat source: If you keep your dryer close to the heat source, the heat sensor can instead remove unwanted residual heat from there, causing it to trip.
LG Dryer Displaying Error Codes?
The code on your machine tells you what’s wrong with your machine. Indicates what steps you should take to resolve this issue. This error code can be solved relatively easily. Here are some standard codes.
- D80, D90, D95. All of these codes mean that the exhaust duct has a lint build-up. You can solve this problem by removing the lint.
- tE1. This code means there is a problem with the thermistor of your dryer. Unplug your dryer and hold the start button for 5 seconds to reboot the system to solve this problem.
- P5. This code indicates that the power cord is being supplied with improper voltage. This problem can be solved by switching the red or white wire connection on the dryer’s terminal block.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How do I fix my LG dryer that won’t heat?
Unplug the dryer or trip the main circuit breaker that powers the dryer. When the dryer is without power, press and hold the START / PAUSE button for 5 seconds. Turn on the main power of the dryer and try to run another cycle.
Why is my dryer running but not heating?
Electric or gas dryers are not the main reason behind the overheating of a tripped circuit breaker, clogged vent, and gas flow. Other possible causes include defective thermal fuses and broken heating elements.
Why is my LG dryer not drying my clothes?
LG Dryer – Reasons Why Your Dryer Won’t Dry
- It may be that your home’s exhaust system is blocked or blocked. Obstacles and restrictions in ductwork may prevent lint buildup and debris from running your dryer efficiently at maximum efficiency.
Does LG electric dryer have a reset button?
To perform a hard reset of the LG Dryer, take the following steps:
Hold down the POWER/START button for 5 seconds. Hold the PLAY/PAUSE button for 5 seconds. Plugin the dryer again. The drum light and dryer should be turned on.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- Samsung TV Volume/Sound Not Working: FIXED
- What is Electrical Conduit? | Types of Electrical Conduits
- What is Diesel Generator | Diesel Generator Parts and Their Function
- What Is Megger Test? | Megger Test for Cable and Transformer | Types of Megger Test
- What Is Free Energy Generator? | Flywheel Working | Advantages & Disadvantages of Free Energy Generator
Video Tutorial for Betting Understanding:
If you have a problem other than the one mentioned above or if the solution in this article does not fix your problem, the best way to repair your dryer machine is to call the nearest technician. It may cost you a few dollars, but it takes much less time than figuring out how to fix your dryer or re-wiring the unit improperly. Unless you have the confidence to go through more complex mechanisms, you should probably hire a repairer.