When you watch your favorite program on tv on the weekends of your busy life, everything is going well, and that’s when your Toshiba remote stops working. It is very sad to use it. When you have such a bitter experience, it is normal for you to lose faith in such a reputed company.
I also faced the same problem you faced a few days ago. It was very sad when I experienced this problem. I decided to find out about this problem, and we decided to share with you what we found out in today’s article here. So that none of you will suffer what I have suffered for this problem.
If your Toshiba Fire TV Remote is Not Working, you can use a few simple and easy ways to fix it first. First, you discharge your remote and try to replace the battery. Next, check that the receiver’s path is not a solid object of any kind.
Try cleaning the hardware from the remote, and the last resort is to try to reprogram the remote completely and then reset the receiver as well.
It is also important to know a few reasons why your Toshiba fire tv remote may not work before you look directly at the solution. So if you have any such problem in the future, it can be solved quickly.
Suggested Read: HBO Max Not Working on Firestick | How To Fix In Seconds
Why is My Toshiba Fire TV Remote Not Working?
The efficiency of your Toshiba fire tv is greatly affected by the unknown. The most well-known and considered problem is the dead battery.
Toshiba fire tv Many consumers say that you need to change the battery at least once every two months to take care of the hardware and battery bed of the remote.
Apart from this, the problem with the remote is also shown below.
1. Improper pairing:
Even if the remote of your fire tv stick could not be connected in the same way, it will not work. It will not work in remote unpair conditions.
Interference can also be caused by another fire stick remote near or on the side of the original you used.
3. Problems with charging:
A bad charge of your fire tv remote will prevent it from being used to control your receiver.
4. Broken hardware:
Lastly, if you have broken the hardware of your fire tv remote or damaged it in any way, this may be the reason why it does not work.
Here are just a few common reasons why there are so many possibilities hidden behind the scenes. Luckily for you, today, our solution will work, and by the end of this post, your remote will be working.
Suggested Read: Why Samsung TV Remote Not Working | How To Fix In Seconds
How to Fix Your Toshiba Fire TV Remote Not Working?
It would help if you tried restarting your fire tv remote before we move on to further solutions. Sometimes there can be a temporal glitch, and with this simple reboot, you have an easy way to solve this problem without much difficulty.
But if the problem doesn’t change even after you restart, here are some fixes that will help you with this problem.
Power-Cycle the Remote with and Without Battery:
This fix proves to be helpful to 50% to 60% of the people in the estimated market problem.
To do this, simply remove the back cover of the remote and remove the battery. Now hold down the power button on the remote for at least 1 to 2 minutes. After this complete 2 minutes, mash all the buttons on the remote several times. Replace the old battery with a new one and now check the remote.
The reason behind holding down the power button on your remote is the remaining power drain. When you remove the battery, there is still some electricity left in the capacitor in the circuit of the remote, and you’re remote will not be fully reset until you drain this electricity.
Holding down the power button for a while also drains some of the remaining energy. This is a simple and very important step, but many people ignore this step.
You may find this a little weird, but mashing every button on your remote can make it work again. Sometimes the button on the remote also hangs if you are also suffering from the problem of not holding the button on the remote.
It’s like when you hold down multiple keys on the keyboard; it stops responding to keystrokes. There are many different ways to hang a button on your remote. Coincidentally she fell into a crack between the two sofas, and a little dirt got stuck under the rubber. Either way, this is a common problem and easy to fix.
By mashing every button on the remote and hitting the back of the remote with the help of your palm, the primitive buttons can come out again.
Now keep the remote in an inverted position and tap it lightly on the back so that the dirt on the button of the remote will come out easily. Don’t worry if the remote is cracked or damaged; the remote is very strong.
If all these methods do not work, then leave the battery in the remote and hold down the power button for another 60 seconds. This simple reset will most likely fix your remote.
Suggested Read: Why My Element TV Remote Not Working?
Reconnect the Remote:
If your remote does not work with the power cycle, your Toshiba fire tv remote may be un-paired. How you repair your remote depends on the type of remote.
If you have an advanced Toshiba Fire TV, you will find a pair of buttons on the back of the remote when you remove the battery cover.
You need to hold this pairing button for at least 15 to 20 sec so that it connects easily.
If you do not have this button feature in your remote, hold the home button for at least 30 to 40 seconds, pointing the remote directly at the TV.
Now, after 30 to 40 seconds, your remote will start flashing. If this does not flash, try to stop and restart this process until this happens.
Once you see the remote flashing, then stop for at least 1 minute before using the remote and only then use it. This will restore the remote’s Bluetooth connectivity with your TV.
If this does not work, when pointing directly at the TV, try pressing and holding the back button, the left button, and the menu button at the same time for 30 seconds. This will completely reset your Toshiba fire tv remote.
Replace the Battery of the Remote:
If reconnecting to the remote doesn’t help you, your remote’s batteries may be worn out. To eliminate this problem, we suggest replacing the battery of the remote.
You can replace the battery of your remote by taking the following steps:
- Open the back cover of your remote.
- Now take out the old battery and dispose of it properly.
- Take a look at the battery compartment for battery leakage.
- Properly clean the inside of the battery bed.
- Now take a new set of no and insert it into your remote.
- Then close the cover of the remote properly.
After replacing the battery, wait a while for the receiver of your remote to charge, and try using the remote to check if there is any change in your problem.
Suggested Read: Roku Volume Control Not Working | How To Troubleshoot
Check That the Remote’s IR Sensor Is Working:
Your Toshiba TV and remote use infrared beams to communicate with each other. If this beam does not work evenly on your remote, then this may also cause your remote not to work.
It is very easy to check if IR is working on your remote, which you can also check from your smartphone.
To check IR via mobile phone, you need to take the following steps:
- First, you take a smartphone and open its camera and look at your remote through the screen.
- Now also press any button remotely.
- If your remote is working, you will see a red light flashing on the camera screen as you press each button on the remote.
- If you do not see any type of red light, then the remote may be damaged, or the battery may have run out.
Remove Obstacles That Can Block the IR Signal Remotely:
No blockage between your tv and remote is another common problem. Because as we told you, tv and remote use IR to communicate with each other, and your tv also has an IR sensor. They need to be able to send and receive these beams without having to deal with obstacles.
These barriers include walls, furniture, other electronic signals, including Bluetooth, and large objects such as speakers. If you see any of these obstructions, try to use the remote from a different location or point the remote directly at the TV’s sensor.
Often the issue can be as simple as sitting in a separate space in your home or moving a piece of furniture.
Suggested Read: Vizio Remote Troubleshooting | How To Fix In Seconds
Reprogramming the Remote:
Poor programming can also be a factor in your remote not working. For example, after resetting the remote, your remote can be disconnected from the fire tv stick, and you do not have to press the buttons in a certain order to re-program the remote on your receiver.
You can program your remote in two ways, both of which are as follows:
Reprogramming via Home Button:
- To reset your remote using the Home button, you need to take the following steps:
- First, you go as close as possible to your Toshiba fire tv and press the home button on your remote.
- The direction remote should be directed towards the TV and hold down the home button for another 30 to 40 seconds.
- Check the pop-up message on your TV, which will show you the last 5 seconds by holding down the Home button.
At this point, the remote must be programmed, and pressing the power button will turn off your Toshiba tv. However, if your programming doesn’t work, check out how we can program this with play/pause.
How to program your Toshiba remote via the Play/Pause button:
To program your remote via the play/pause button, you need to take the following steps:
- You first need to get close to your TV and direct your fire remote directly to your TV’s LED.
- Hold the play/pause button for at least 1 to 2 minutes until your TV starts flashing.
- You will need to confirm the confirmation message that appears.
- At the end of all these processes, press the power button on your remote, and if it shuts down successfully, then our programming is successful.
Power-Cycling the TV:
If you have used all of the above steps and yet your problem has not changed, then the real problem may be in your tv but not in your remote.
To power your Toshiba fire tv, you need to take the following steps:
- First, turn off your TV and disconnect it from the main power plug in the wall. Now, wait for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Now work patiently, and during this interval, you have to hold down the power button on the TV for at least 1 minute.
- Check that you hold the power button on your TV, and not your remote! Doing this process also removes some of the energy left in the TV and will allow the TV to perform a soft reset. This is different than just turning the remote on and off!
- You should plug in the TV again after 2 minutes and then try to try your Toshiba fire tv remote.
Suggested Read: How To Reset Roku TV Without Remote In Seconds
Toshiba TV remote volume does not work:
You may or may not have a problem with your remote. You should check the TV directly by turning the volume up and down using the volume control.
If it is determined that this is a remote, try resetting the system from the setup menu. This will often reset the setting and allow the remote to work properly again.
Even if the buttons on your remote get dirty, it won’t work the same way. You can clean and re-use the remote for this purpose. Yes, but when cleaning the remote, make sure that it is not damaged in any way.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How do I reset my Toshiba fire remote?
To reset your Toshiba fire remote, you need to take the following steps:
- First, you press and hold the home button, and this time you have to press the menu button three times.
- Now release the home button.
- Press the menu button at least nine times.
- Remove the batteries from your remote.
- Unplug your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds.
- Now reinsert the battery into your remote and then plug in your Fire TV.
- Once you see the home screen, hold the home button for at least 60 seconds.
- Wait 60 seconds for setup to complete.
Why is my fire TV not responding to the remote?
The main reason behind your fire tv remote not working is a battery problem. Improperly inserted batteries, low battery charges, and other related issues can cause the fire stick remote to stop working. If your remote is not attached to your fire stick, it will not work.
How do I reset my Fire TV remote?
To reset your Fire TV, stick with your remote control, turn on your device and then hold down the back button and the right button for at least 20 seconds. Finally, when you see a pop-up message, click Reset. You’ll have to wait a while for your Fire TV stick to reset.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- Transformer Designing | The Definitive Guide
- Top 10 Essential Electrician Apps for Technicians | Best Electrician App
- What is an Ohmmeter? | Ohmmeter Working Principle | Types of Ohmmeter | Applications of Ohmmeter
- What is a Biosensor | Types of Biosensor | Working Principle of Biosensor | Applications of Biosensor
- What is a Three Phase Inverter? | Working Principle of Three Phase Inverter | Applications of Three Phase Inverter
We have tried every possible way to fix your Toshiba fire tv remote and we have got the desired result. However if your remote does not work you can contact the customer center on Amazon which will definitely help you.